May 27, 2006

Meeting at the Tavern

If it seems like I'm a bit distracted in this entry, I apologize ahead of time, but I'm listening to the new Chili Peppers CD.

Anyway, this week came and went pretty fast. Nothing much happened till Thursday when we finally got a chance to go out to New Deck Tavern and meet up with Jeremy. After meeting 'big red' on campus, we headed on over to chill out and have a good time. They had $2 drafts after nine, which was good for Jeremy and Jay, and then the best part was the half price food, which was good for everyone. We were a little bummed at first since it seemed as though other people had plans and we would only be running three strong, but then we got surprised by the late appearance of Darren and Brian Bobb and things got real good. The food was awesome and the atmosphere was choice, and it was a few hours passed before we finally headed over to AXP to see Darren's underage brother Bubba. I'm actually not certain what his real name is, but the kid definitely looks like a Bubba, and Jay demanded we go say hey to the kid and see what was good (it should be noted that Jay was drinking glass for glass with Jeremy, who can hold his Guinness, so Jay was in another state of mind by this time). By the time we finished up and hobbled back home, it was pretty late at night, but it was definitely something we'll be looking forward to doing again.

We have a nice extended weekend for Memorial Day, and Jay's girlfriend Maria came out this way for the holiday. We went out to Reading to pick her up last night, and then today we all did the standard Philadelphia excursion: take the subway to Sonny's for cheesesteaks, then walk to and explore South Street, turn back north to City Hall and Love park, then a quick trolley ride back to home base.

Now all that's left is to look ahead to the future. Seriously, the last few days have been overshadowed by my anticipation of many things:
1. BBQ at my dads on Sunday, then BBQ at my house with my mom on Monday
2. the term coming to an end in a few weeks
3. camping trip to Virginia for a few days of my "summer break"
4. using trip to Virginia as an excuse to try growing a beard and seeing how I like it
5. heading up to New Hampshire with the family for a few days of lake fun
6. discussing coming back to my old job with my boss Dave
7. seeing how long my now-depleted bank account can last me

Ok, so some of those things are probably too far away for me to be worrying about, but I can't help it so what can I say.

P.S. To all the Jersey boys: have fun down in OBX, enjoy the time off, be safe and don't do anything too stupid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»