February 13, 2006

Gunked Up in White

Not that white stuff. Snow, you sick pervert.

It finally happened folks. As you already know, Old Man Winter decided that all the seasonably warm weather we've been having this year should come to an end. Like any decrepit old fart, watching us young folks enjoy our merry little lives was a too much for him to stomach. And like any cunning and calculating adversary, he waited till we all felt quiet sure that this winter was incredibly gracious, that the good times would continue on into the upcoming Spring; basically, he waited till our hopes were high and our pants dropped to sodomize us all with his Icy Rod of Hell.

It started coming down on Saturday and carried into mid Sunday. Not one to let weather deter me from going out, I went to Kent's palace that day. Late that night, with the Warcraft realm down for maintainence, a 1 am food run was in order. By that point, snow was falling fast, but it was melting on the pavement. In a three hour period, however, it formed a thick sheet of gayety on the roads, and I crawled at 25 mph on my drive home at 4 am. My area got about 14 inches of the cold white bullshit when it was all said and done.

My dad got stuck in NH, so "man of the house" responsibilities fell on my lap come Sunday. Electricity went out in our area for a couple of hours, so I had to wake up early and get the kerosene heater going when our heat shut off. Later, I got a fantastic upper-body workout by shoveling the walk and driveway, and attempting to transform the newly made snow heaps on our property back into drivable cars (my shoulders are still sore).

This morning was the icing on the cake (so to speak). Despite making it out of my house on time, I still got to work an hour late. Why? Because the IQ of people drops 100 pts. when they are driving in adverse conditions. There was an accident on the Blue Rt., then there was a congestion nightmare on the ramp for my turnpike exit, which alone took 45 minutes to drive 0.1 miles.

I blame myself for being so naive. Winter always gets the last laugh.
________________________________________________

No pool happened this weekend, due to you-know-who. I did get my character on Warcraft to level up to 55. Considering that the cap on level is 60 in the game, that's fucking good. Kent is up to 50 with his druid, and I'm thinking of taking a break from the leveling to get my blacksmithing up sick. I'd like to see if I can get high enough to start making weapons as a source of income and, eventually, make my own weapon for my warrior. We'll see though.

No comments: