March 28, 2006

Freedom

Last Friday was my last day of work, and the official beginning of my "spring break". It's not a glamorous break, but a necessary one before classes start up again.

Now that coop is over, I can look back and definitely say that it was a great experience. The people I worked with were really nice and friendly, and the company was a good one to work for. In fact, I already talked to my boss Dave about coming back there for my next coop, and it looks like a very very good possibility. In all honesty, I could really see myself working there after I graduate.

Having said that, it is definitely nice to have a week off without having to work or go to class. Saturday I took my brothers to see where I'll be living in the city, and then we met up with my Mom to go eat a cheesesteak at Sonny's. After I took them to Jersey for baseball practice, I went out to Rowan to hang with Mike and Ray. We drove around for a bit and Mike bought some CD's. After rooting for the Flyers and watching them own the Senators, we chilled at Joe's room. We even got the good 'ol N64 up and running, at which point I regulated (granted, my opponents happened to be blazed, but who cares about the details).

Jay and his dad swung by on Sunday, and we both were able to get most or all of our furniture over into our new house. It was a pain in the ass since some of the shit was heavy and awkward, AND we had to go up two flights on a spiral staircase, but we got a lot of work out of the way which was definitely a good thing.

Last night was my Dad's birthday, and we went to Outback for dinner. feel like I'm in enemy territory there from working at Lonestar all that time, but I put myIt's funny because I still differences aside for a steak. I got the Prime Rib and it was banging, and my dad treated himself to a porterhouse, which looked really good. By the way, if someone could let me know what two pieces of meat make up a T-bone, I'd really appreciate it. I know the one part is the NY strip, but what's the other part? It was one of those stupid things I couldn't remember, which REALLY bothered me.

So what's the rest of my break looking like? Well, I'm hoping to get my carpet, computer desk and curtain rod out of the way by tomorrow, and start getting some of my other shit over there. Another NJ trip will probably happen, as long as the Rowan guys have some free time. I'm still trying to contact the elusive Dana, but we'll see if that happens. Basically, I got no plans, but any time off is good time off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»