March 21, 2006

Tuesday is the Worst

I hate this day. Honestly, I'll take a Monday over a Tuesday anytime. I guess it's because my brain understands that a weekend MUST end at some point, so complaining and striving against Monday's are futile. In some way, I look at Monday as the start to a fresh week. If the weekend was boring, if you're in need of money, or if something just didn't go the way you planned, Monday can be (even if you don't want to admit it) welcome.

Tuesday can go suck a fuck. Tuesday is the day I start looking ahead to the weekend, and when you've got a day and a half of work under you're belt and you're not even half way to the promised land of 4 o'clock Friday.... well, I'm sure you understand. Think of it this way too. When a holiday draws near, there's a good chance Monday cancels out for vacation. You never have a Tuesday off, not ever. Time goes slower on Tuesday, and you know it's true.

I have a lot to look forward to, which is making today even harder to get through. Friday is my last day of work here, which I'm honestly not really looking forward to. Of course I want to go back to school, get into the city, and move into my new digs (all reasons why I'm looking ahead gleefully), but I do like this job and the money that comes with it. I found out that, unlike most coops in the past, I won't have to give a thirty minute presentation to the head bosses here on what I've done the last six months. I really was hoping to get out of it, not because I haven't done anything (cuz I've done a lot), but because I hate giving presentations to a group that will probably grill me on absolutely every detail (which 'Woody' would have definitely done).

The best part of it all though is probably the fact that I don't start classes till the 3rd, which means I have 9 days to relax and settle into my new house before the drudgery of classes commences. Granted, I think that Dana might be the only person who shares the same time for "spring break", but whatever, I just want to have some well earned and rare vacation time.

We'll see if anything good happens. I'm not going to lie, a break is going to be nice no matter what, but if I can't find anything to do (I'm talking to you Rowan and Drexel friends), then "nice" is about all I'm going to reach, and who wants to settle for nice? This past weekend, I went to the city w/ Kent and Keyur for the 3rd best burger in America, hung out a few times, and went out to Reading to hang with Jay for a bit. Not too bad, but there's room for improvement.

I guess only time will tell how this break is going to unfold, and considering it's Tuesday, time is something that's not in short supply.

P.S. I assume you are thanking me thoroughly for the hilarious picture, to which I say "You're welcome." When you search for a picture to translate your anguish on a Tuesday and come across that, how can you not share?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»