March 06, 2008

Southern Blues

In the last week, I've lost my girlfriend for the next two months to her final clinical for school, had my bank screw up my checking account, and had my car broken into and my radio stolen. On the bright side, I spent last weekend in Florida with the Lady.

For the record, a winter trip to the wang of the country doesn't even come close to making up for the other shit going on in my life right now, but it's all I've got to cling to if I don't want to have a nervous breakdown, so I'll take it.

So while I've got a couple things planned for the next month on here (SPOILER!- one involves a volcano!), I thought I'd share a couple of vacation pictures with ya. Enjoy.

While everyone was looking out their windows in the cold and dreary northeast, this is what I was looking at.
Taking a bike ride in the neighborhood with the Lady.
Some of the neighbors. For reasons still unknown, there were live chickens hanging around on people's lawns too. I feel like you need to know this.
All the houses were as extravagant as this one, and they all look out onto the river. The ocean was only a few miles away.
There were oranges growing in the backyard! The entire time I knew I was in Florida, yet this somehow always amazed me.
The sun rising from the ocean on the morning of my birthday.
Went back to Cocoa beach after lunch to spend the day, producing one of the lasting images to hang on to for the next two months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.